Pixel Protocol Overview: WS2814
This pixel protocol was designed by Newstar in China. WS2814 offers many of the benefits the WS28xx series is famous for, as well as being the first in the series to offer an RGBW design, making it one of the most common protocols for pixel lighting displays. The control circuit comes in a SOP12 package, allowing for more flexibility with LED choice.
Are you looking for WS2814 pixel drivers that work with Art-Net or sACN? All PixLite Mk2 products support WS2814 as an available Pixel IC type, so get in touch with us to find out how the lighting specialists at Advatek can support you in your pixel lighting project.
|Color Resolution||8 bits|
|Output Pixel Voltage||5 – 12V|
|Suitable Camera||Up to 67fps, see Refresh Rate and PWM Rate|
|Data Transfer Rate||800kbps|
|Redundant Data Line||Yes|
- Up to 12V, allowing for long cable lengths
- High PWM rate allows for filming these pixels with cameras up to 67fps
- Redundant data line reduces chance of entire strip failure
- Presence of white LED allows for higher brightness and more color mixing options
- Data-only restricts refresh rates to be limited by the speed of the protocol, which will generally be slow
- Only 8 bits of data for each color makes dimming curves less smooth